This week, Compass Education was honored to host the first in a series of webinars dedicated to the theme of student agency in schools.
The webinar series ’Increasing Student Agency & Impact in Critical Times: A Talk with Inspiring Leaders’ brought together educators from across the globe to learn and share about the importance of inspiring students towards hope and possibility as we work through the challenges of today and support the system change of developing educational models that support and center student agency in the learning process.
If you missed the webinar, you can watch the complete session on our YouTube video below.
Compass Education would like to formally appreciate our inspiring panel of presenters including:
Here are some resources from the speakers that might be useful for you:
- UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development Roadmap: https://bit.ly/3w25peV
- Article on Rethinking Schooling in the 21st Century: https://bit.ly/39Ea3Za
- Columbus School’s GREENHOUSE TEAM Systems Thinking Project using Compass Education’s VISIS Pyramid: https://bit.ly/3vX9v8c
- The first Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report launched at Education in Motion (EiM): https://bit.ly/37YDEMA
- Games and activities to build capacity for advocacy in young people: https://free-being-me.com/about/action-on-body-confidence/
- Empathy to Impact Podcast: Voices and Stories of Students from Around the World Who Own Their Learning and Impact their Communities: https://inspirecitizens.org/empathy-to-impact-podcast
- Student Eco-Media Programs and Productions in Partnership with Digital Citizenship Institute: https://inspirecitizens.org/eco-media
- Co-Designing Interdisciplinary Units Alongside Students: https://inspirecitizens.org/vignettes/2021/5/21/plan-interdisciplinary-units-with-kids
- Center for Student Leadership, Sustainability, and Inner-Development in partnership with Frankfurt International School: https://inspirecitizens.org/changemaker-action-plan
Thank you again to everyone who participated. Please look for the next webinar in this series to be hosted in September 2022.
If you want to learn more about the Sustainability Compass tool that was mentioned in the session, check out our 15-minute FREE introductory course Discover the Sustainability Compass.