- This event has passed.
Compass Workshop for UK Educators ‘Teaching and Learning for a Sustainable World: A Systems Thinking Approach’
November 11, 2022 - November 12, 2022
This workshop is a special Compass Practitioner (Level 1) workshop for Educators in the United Kingdom (UK) sponsored by the Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL).
Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) and Compass Education are partnering to connect educators in the UK region to resources and to empower them to create a more sustainable world.
In this 2-day workshop, participants will explore the concept of sustainability with specific emphasis on the role of education and the use of systems thinking to enhance student learning and engagement as global citizens. Educators will be equipped with a suite of systems thinking tools to enable them to help students develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to participate in a complex and interdependent world. Whether you are running a school, facilitating a conversation in your classroom or working with young people in other contexts, this course is for you!
Who should participate?
Classroom educators, program leaders, curriculum leaders, heads of schools and educators who are based in the UK and seeking sustainability education credentials.
What will you take away from this course?
- A practical understanding of sustainability and systems thinking
- Powerful conversations and practical analysis of your educational setting
- Useful tools that can be integrated into any curriculum and every class level
- Access to our database of educator sourced lesson plans
- Professional networking with like-minded educators
- Receive a Compass Education Level 1 “Compass Practitioner” Certificate of Participation
- Become eligible for advanced learning opportunities and a pathway to becoming a Compass Facilitator